Australian Music Foundation
2015 marked the 40th Anniversary of the founding of The Australian Music Foundation in 1975. The AMF is a charitable organisation which aims to promote and celebrate Australian musical life, by offering scholarships, performing opportunities and mentoring to young musicians who wish to pursue their post-graduate studies overseas. Applications for 2016 are now closed. To read about how to apply for an AMF Award next year, please click the 'Apply for an Award' button on the top right of this homepage. For AMF News, please click on the photographs at the bottom of this page.
Yvonne Kenny AM, Chairman of the AMF, has pleasure in inviting you to attend
The Finals of the Australian Music Foundation Awards
on the morning of Thursday 6th October at the Wigmore Hall, 10.00 - 1.30pm
The AMF Finals will showcase the talents of around 12 instrumentalists and singers, each of whom will perform a 15 minute programme in front of a panel of distinguished judges in the beautiful acoustic of London's most famous recital venue.
The AMF would be delighted to welcome you to join us for part or all of the morning of 6 October. We are very keen to make this into a public event, to give our supporters some insight into what these talented young Australians go through in their efforts to excel in this most exacting of professions.
Entry is free, but it would be useful to know numbers in advance.
If you are interested in attending, please email AMF Administrator, Sally-Ann Shepherdson: email@example.com
The Australian Music Foundation has been providing awards to help support young Australian musicians to continue their studies in Europe and the USA for the last forty years. Current awardee, violinist Emily Sun, recently won the Royal Overseas League Gold Medal and will be appearing in a solo recital at the Wigmore Hall in the near future. Other Alumni include baritone Peter Coleman-Wright, pianist Jason Gillham and guitarist Craig Ogden.
To make a Donation or to sponsor a Named Award to help more young Australians study overseas, please CLICK HERE
AMF FINALISTS 2016
- Jesse Flowers (Sydney) - guitar - age 22 - Kunstlerische Aufbaustudium, Darmstadt
- James Guan (Sydney) - piano - age 25 - MMus, RAM
- Rebecca Gulinello (Melbourne) - soprano - age 25 - Resident Artist, Academy of Vocal Arts, Philadelphia
- Sabina Im (Sydney) - piano - age 25 - Professional Diploma, RAM
- Oscar Jiang (Carlton, Victoria) - piano - age 18 - BMus, Juilliard, USA
- Shanie Klas (Melbourne) - percussion - age 24 - Masters, Northwestern University, Evanston, USA
- Waynne Kwon (Sydney) - cello - age 20 - BMus Hons, RNCM
- Seong Sin Lee (Brisbane) - cello - age 20 - MMus, RAM
- Sam Lucas (Brisbane) - cello - age 20 - BMus (Perf), Robert Schumann Hochschule, Dusseldorf
- Jade Moffat (Brisbane) - mezzo soprano - age 27 - MMus, GSMD Opera Course
- Daniel Mullaney (Perth) - tenor - age 25 - Advanced Certificate, Opera, GSMD
- Sonya Pigot (Hobart, Tasmania) - piano - age 21 - BMus Hons, RCM
- Justin Sun (Canberra) - bassoon - age 22 - MMus RCM
- James Yan (Illawarra, NSW) - composer - age 22 - MMus RCM